Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Maybe THIS is why...

Some people might say that we want to 'be' like the music we listen to. In denial, more dramatic that necessary, loud, obnoxious,living in the moment...take your pick. But they also say that it's unrealistic - because we have to own up to responsibility and obligations.

But I think we listen to this music because we KNOW we have to reason with life - and for those 3 short minutes - listening to our favorite songs - we don't have to.

At least for me - my music is everything I can't be right now. It's everything I am inside but can't quite express. I'm only 18 I'm supposed to mess up and get things wrong - heck - it's MY first shot at being a kid - I'm GONNA mess it up sometimes! And the only time where that doesn't matter - is when I'm in my music :)

And no, things AREN'T the same now - as when you were a kid...

No comments: